Electric Meter in Monmouth County
Remodeling your home and need a new meter base installed? Has the city or utility company required that you upgrade the meter base on your older home? No problem! Superpower Electric can have your electrical meter fixed up in no time.
We offer full-service residential electrical repair and replacement services in Monmouth County and the surrounding Central New Jersey communities, including electric meter installation and upgrades. Our team of Excellent Electricians are backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, and are fully licensed and insured.
What is a Meter Base?
The Meter Base is the unit that holds the utility company’s meter. It is usually outside, placed between the utility company’s wires and your home’s electrical system.
The actual meter calculates the amount of electricity that passes through so that the utility company can tell how much to charge you. Meter Bases don’t have to be replaced very often, but do on occasion.
The following are reasons why a meter base may need to be replaced:
- 1. Outdated – Your Meter Base may be old and outdated, possibly not up to city electrical code.
- 2. Not up to city code – It may not pass under current National Electric Code (NEC) standards, which means it most likely isn’t up to city code. In the event a home is sold, the new owner may request for it to be replaced.
- 3. City requirement – If a permit is pulled with a city for other electrical work being performed at the home, the city may require that the Meter Base be brought up to current code as well.
- 4. Remodeling – Changing the size of the electrical service in the home can also require a new meter base be installed.
- 5. Panel upgrade – When upgrading the electrical panel in the home, it may be necessary to replace the meter base as well.
As with all electrical components, safety is the number one concern. If you’re worried about the safety of your meter base, or have any questions, feel free to contact us at any time to speak with a live representative.
Count on Superpower
Excellent Electrical Professional – Superpower Electric bears the Excellent Electrician symbol. That means we have the opportunity to offer a true 100% Satisfaction Guarantee on both workmanship and materials and our technicians are background checked and drug tested for your peace of mind.
Free Safety Inspections – Old home? New home? Building expansion? In order to prevent fires and other safety hazards, it is important to get an Electrical Safety Inspection. Superpower Electric will come inspect your electrical system at no cost and make sure everything is safe and up to code.
24/7 Emergency Service – No matter what your electrical issue, we are here to listen and help you with your electrical emergency, 24/7. Our qualified electrical staff is available to come to you no matter what time of day or night you call, 7 days a week.
Electric Meter services are just a phone call away. Superpower Electric proudly serves Monmouth County and the entire surrounding Central New Jersey area.
Call Superpower Electric at (732) 851-8487 or book online, day or night!